Friday, December 2, 2011

Friday Inspiration - Liebster Blog Award


Yesterday's email brought me a nice surprise!  Toqua's Crafts (a fellow Arizonan from Tucson) listed me as one of her favorite blogs and gave me a Liebster Blog Award.  Thank you so much!  It always makes my day and inspires me when I hear from you all.  Toqua's Crafts recently had a fun fall banner tutorial here.

I've seen the Liebster Blog Award button on some of the blogs I've looked at, but never knew what it was.  Here's the information on it:

The Criteria: The Liebster is meant to showcase bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers. This is all done in the spirit of pay-it-forward.

The Rules: You must mention and link to the person who awarded you the Liebster, and mention 5 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers who you think are worthy of the Liebster!

'Liebster' means "favorite" or "dearest" in German. This award, which originated in Germany, recognizes up and coming bloggers. In accepting this award, I agree to:

-Thank the person who gave me the award, and link back to their blog.
-Copy and paste the award to my blog.
-Reveal the 5 blogs I have chosen to award and let them know in the hope they pay it forward by awarding it to bloggers they would like to honor.


Let me tell you - it was more difficult than I thought it would be to decide which five blogs I wanted to pass this on to!  I usually start my day by looking at my favorite blogs - it inspires me for my day's work.  And not all of them are written by bloggers with huge followings.  I have a feeling these hard working people won't be under 200 followers for long!  So, in alphabetical order, here are five blogs I think you'll enjoy:





Ann Fahl's Color and Quilts - When I first decided to explore making art quilts, Ann's is the first blog I found and I still read it faithfully.  And when I was learning how to use free motion quilting to add to the artistic quality of my quilting, it was her book, Dancing with Thread, I found most helpful.





Colored Thread - Mariee's blog follows her life as a fiber artist and art educator.  If you teach, you'll definitely want to check this blog out.  I found it a few years ago when I was still teaching middle school art and had just begun working on my Master's degree in Art Education.  I really enjoy seeing the work she's doing herself and the work of her students, as she also studies for her Master's.




CorNit's Felt Blog -  I love working with felt and have great plans for learning to make my own felt .... someday .... until then, this is one of the blogs that keeps me inspired.  Corinna's work is beautiful and she offers a free 5 week online class.  I haven't taken it yet (not in English yet - Corinna lives in Hungary), but am hoping to soon.






Stitchworks - I found Jackie's blog on creative embroidery last summer when I decided to work on my embroidery skills.  I love the energy her work has!  She works in both hand and machine stitching, sometimes combining the two in very nice ways.





Taming Roses - Like felting, tatting is something I've always wanted to learn.  Julie's blog inspired me to actually buy a shuttle and thread .... I haven't actually used them yet, but everytime I look at her beautiful designs I get inspired again.  Besides being a talented tatter, Julie is also my niece!

Happy Creating!  Deborah

3 comments:

  1. Very nice to be chosen and to know that somebody out there is actually reading the blog.
    Good luck with your studies and your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you. It is also great to know that I have inspired you and others. When blogging, I'm just sitting in my studio (instead of quilting) writing about something that I feel strongly about! Ann Fahl

    ReplyDelete