Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday Inspiration - Hearts



 With Valentine's Day coming up next week, I thought it'd be fun to look at what types of heart (love) inspired fiber art is out there! This art quilt by Kathi Everett is great - are the wings a shibori fabric?  And I love how the wing pattern is continued across the heart.


 Rachel of Cornflower Blue Studio has some very creative pieces on her website.  This heart made of crocheted hollow forms makes me think of cozy, nesting places.  Good analogy for love!




This heart by Mary Stanley is hooked, a fiber art form usually seen in rugs.  I think it works very well to use on this sculptural form, giving it a nice folk art look.  This heart is pretty small, but think of a larger form done this way - it would be very inspiring!












I really like the tangled embroidered background in this small art quilt by Denise Aumick.  Sometimes the path to love is quite tangled, isn't it?  And this piece makes me remember that small art is often  powerful.











And for the literalists, I found this wonderful embroidered actual heart done by Kate Kretz.  Be sure and take a look at the other pieces on her website.  The fine stitches are amazing!  


Happy Creating and Happy Valentine's Day!  Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment