Monday, May 14, 2012

Pineapples ... and Pineapple!


I recently finished a cute little pineapple doily ...


Very vintage looking - the instructions are free on the Coats and Clark website here. The instructions call for Aunt Lydia's bamboo thread, but I used the regular old size 10 cotton to give it a more old fashioned look.

I'm a little crazy about pineapples - crocheted and the food!  When I organized my crochet books it turns out I've ended up collecting several on pineapple crochet - time to get busy!  I love this scarf made from gorgeous Malabrigo Silky Merino. 


The instructions are in this Japanese crochet book - and here's a picture of the scarf lengthwise.  Even if you don't speak Japanese, you can follow the pictorial instructions that are always included.  Sometimes it's a little bit of a guess as to what type of thread/yarn and hook to use,though!

ISBN no. 978-4-8347-2524-7

And the other pineapple ...


I was reminded today that I've baked them before eating for so long, I forget that not everyone knows about the benefits.  I happen to be one of those people that pineapple causes to get an uncomfortably tingly, sore mouth - it's not an allergy, but is related to being allergic to grass and ragweed.  If you bake it first, all that is avoided.  I just slice it up, lay it on a cookie sheet, and bake at 350 degrees for about a half hour - until the pineapple turns golden brown.  You can sprinkle a little brown or raw sugar on top first, but it turns out extra sweet even without it.


Happy Creating!  Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment