Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Bread Cloth Part I

This is a bread cloth for a round basket or bowl - it's still in progress, so I'll don't have finished photos of it in yet!  I'm crocheting around the edges in Part II and then embroidering on each of the arms in Part III.

Materials:
*about 1/2 yard fabric - I'm going to be embroidering on this so I chose a plain, osnaberg (like a loosely woven muslin)
*size 20 crochet thread
*size 9 steel crochet hook
*hand sewing needle
*pattern found here

1. Print off the pattern and cut it out.  Fold your fabric in half and then in half again so that you have a folded side that's solid and a folded side that has an opening in it. 


2.  Lay your pattern on top, matching the solid fold side to the solid fold and the open fold side to the open fold.  Pin and cut out.



3.  Hem the edges.  I used the size 20 crochet thread and finished the edge with a blanket stitch, turning the edge under slightly as I went.  Make the stitches very close to each other.


Happy Creating!  Deborah

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh siii me gusta, gracias, estare atenta al siguiente paso.
    GRACIAS!!!!

    ReplyDelete