Monday, July 29, 2013

Basil, Knitting, and More Basil!




I came back from Oregon to a potential basil takeover!  It hasn't been quite averted yet, but I am winning a few minor skirmishes ..... There is a 12 foot long 3 foot wide bed packed with it - and a some sweet pepper plants gasping for air.  So I've been busy picking, washing, and drying it and making pesto for the freezer.  I foresee a pesto-full winter!

And like the past few summers, our jujube tree is packed with fruit!  The birds love them, but I haven't figured out what to do with them yet.  Any ideas?!!

So there hasn't been much needlework going on here - just a few stolen moments here and there to work on a scarf for me from this luscious Canadian yarn.  It'll be wonderful to wrap around me when I'm outside on those cold Oregon farm mornings this fall ... 

Happy Creating!  Deborah

1 comment: