Friday, May 9, 2014

Friday Inspiration - Asimina Chremos' Free Form Doilies

Boise Doily, 100% cotton, blocked and starched, March 2014. 
If you haven't run across Philadephia artist Asimina Chremos' colorful freeform crocheted doilies, you're in for a treat!  Working with a very small steel crochet hook and size 20 cotton thread, she creates intricate work without patterns - every piece is one of a kind.

You can see some hints of Asimina's process in the photos on her Facebook page here and read an interview with her on Sugarcube Journal here.


I'll have to live to be at least 200 years old to complete all the projects I've started and the ideas I have, but I really have to try my hand at one of these!  Lizbeth has a line of colorful cotton thread in lots of sizes for crochet and tatting - it shows up every so often at craft/hobby stores around here and online on several sites, including Handy Hands

Happy Creating!  Deborah

2 comments: