Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Free Motion Quilting Flower Pattern


My sewing machine is back from the repair shop and works better than ever!  I've really gone through sewing withdrawal the last few weeks - it felt so good to sit down and sew again!

So ..... back to the pinwheel scrap quilt I last worked on a month ago.  When my machine broke, I was about to start trying out various patterns to quilt the white squares (I'll quilt the pinwheel squares with stitch in the ditch).  Well, today I was inspired by some gorgeous ranunculus I bought for my kitchen window and decided to try a flower pattern.  After a test square I'm sold!


I began with a small circle in the middle of the square,


made five petals,


and then just kept sewing around and around the petals until I'd filled most of the square.



I'm off to quilt!

Happy Creating!  Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment