Friday, January 29, 2016

Friday Inspiration - Marianne Kemp

One of the things I especially love about fiber art is the immense variety of materials artists use!  And every time I think I've seen everything, I discover a new artist doing amazing things with a new medium.  Like Dutch artist Marianne Kemp.

Tube Waves

Marianne works her weavings with horsehair - and as you can see from these examples, it's not quite what one would picture!  I love her use of repetition - it's soothing in a reassuring way.  The textures are wonderful and I have a feeling they're even better when seen in person.

Black Zigzag

Textileartist.org has a good interview with Marianne talking about how she got started in textile art, her processes, and her inspirations along with more photos of her work.  Be sure to check it out here.

Start A Fire

Happy Creating!  Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment