Monday, November 27, 2017

November Bead Challenge #3

This month, Sarajo Wentling's jewelry challenge was a photograph taken by her husband Eric of a stained glass window at the old Schlitz Brewery Building in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Eric Wentling

I love this window!  When I saw it, I immediately thought of the bubbles in beer and thinking about beer led me to hops.  We have beautiful hop vines on our front garden gate arch - in the summer they're full of bright green flowers/seed cones that turn more golden in the fall.


 Last summer I made sprig molds from some of the hops so I decided to make some jewelry components for this month's challenge.


For my jewelry piece I went with one of the spacer bars and made a bracelet with glass beads (representing beer bubbles!) attached.  It's great fun to wear, with the beads bouncing around!




You can see how others interpreted the challenge photo on Sarajo's blog here.

I've added the hops pieces that I didn't use to my on-line shop at stoneypointstudios.com.

Happy Creating!  Deborah

3 comments:

  1. Sorry for my delayed response... it's been quite the week here! I love that you made molds of your hop cones... so many cool pieces. You made a really fun bracelet with that connector. I love the "beer bubble" glass dangles too! Thanks so much for playing along. Check back later today to see what Eric has in store for us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact that you made your own hop impressions! I'll make Sj do this come next fall when ours in in full bloom...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh oh, Sarajo - sorry about that!! Actually, they're not bad to do but can be a little fiddly. Let me know when you're starting on them if you want any helpful hints and tales of my failures (many learning opportunities there!).

      Delete